Thursday, April 26, 2012

Award winning!

My daughter of Little Pixie Magic fame has honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award.

I am delighted and grateful. Thank you!

Now, to get to the responsibilities of being a VBA winner.

First, to thank the talented and brilliant blogger, Beth of Little Pixie Magic. Beth, your writing inspires me far more often than you know!

Then, 7 things about myself. Mostly connected to theater, some personal:

1. I am a Bardophile. Not really a Bardolator. My first theater experiences were with Shakespeare and Taming of the Shrew. Truly, theatrical genius, from the sublime to the ridiculous- sometimes in the same play.

2.  I love dirty jokes and puns. Another reason to love Shakespeare.

3. I love the audience! I also have great respect for the audience.

4. I love the moment a new play/idea/line reading/moment grabs you and twists your vision and perspective.

5. When I give notes- or when I am playing "The Professor," when I lecture- there is an element of stand up comedy.

6. Theater feeds your mind and heart and soul- and, if I am your director, I feed your body.

7. Personal: Thanks to FB Friend MTST, I now have a name for it: I am a sapiosexual.

Then, nominate 15 bloggers for the VBA. My blog reading tends to be sporadic, beyond my top few. I hope I can come up with 15!

Note: I read a number of the same blogs as does my daughter- therefore, if you've already been awarded the VBA, you mustn't feel compelled to come up with *another* 15 blogs due to my nominating you!

1. I am always eagerly awaiting the next installment of A Little Pixie Magic. Sometimes amusing, sometimes provocative, sometimes inspiring, always worthwhile.

2. Adventures of Megan   Adventures of my friend Meg- a smart girl with heart, whose wit is sometimes wise and sometimes tart.

3. Scatterbrained in Southeast Asia
I hope that we will read more installments from this traveler. A unique take on a unique adventure.

4. Jake's Israel Journal
Another traveler. No posts in a while- I hope to read more soon.

5. Tell It Away
Honest and searching, these posts are always worthwhile.
6. Brand New Day
One of the bravest women I know, on a unique journey of discovery of life as a transgender woman. It is a privilege to be able to share in the journey of my friend.
7. Murf Magic
Another brave soul successfully wrestling with demons. Murf fosters growth for himself- and for beautiful botanicals!
8. Ink Spot
Ink Spot is a highly creative and thought-provoking designer and woman.

9. Altucher Confidential
I stumbled on this wide-ranging blog from a self-identified autistic.


10. Post Secret
A window on so many souls. Sometimes heart-wrenching and sometimes gut-busting (with laughter, people).
11. Best in Class
Amusing musing- discovered when my daughter was featured.
12. Born Storyteller
Educator, artist, writer.


13. Rants and Mutters
Educator, thinker and Guiness-drinker.


14. PhD comics -
Also known as: Piled Higher and Deeper. Not sure if this is a blog? But I sure do enjoy it.

15. The Bloggess
Irreverant and brash. Uncensored.

No comments:

Post a Comment