Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hell week- the ultimate rehearsal

Yesterday, of course, was the *penultimate* rehearsal(s). The first half of my 12 hour day was sweltering, like a sauna- or more like a steam bath.

Progress, definite progress. I now have a sound track I can live with, and most problems are addressed. There are always the last minute items- shortening a skirt, finding some black socks, one last improvement to props- but the tech end is just about in place.

Except for lights. We aren't sure about lights.

Because the SECOND half of my 12 hour day? It rained. I huddled under an umbrella, sitting in the shower, in essence, taking my notes.

Tonight- the ultimate rehearsal(s)! And tomorrow- opening night! The end- the reward- for all the work.

I think the most essential ingredient of all in theater is: the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment